Thursday, August 25, 2011

Empangan Air Kuning, Taman Botani Negara, Shah Alam

This is a backdated post from my visits to Empangan Air Kuning at Taman Botani Negara (formerly known as Taman Pertanian Malaysia), Bukit cherakah, Shah Alam.

I was just starting out as a lure caster when I first visited this peaceful and serene place. This place is well known amongst fly fisher as well as lure caster. Moreover this place is all about nature, even fishing here its CNR (Catch and Release).

For fish varieties here: talapia, jelawat, rohu, toman, kelah, lampam, baung, keli, patin, pacu, peacock bass and etc.

I've been there a few times for lure casting and I am still entranced by the serenity of the place time after time when I am visiting here. Let me share some of the pictures of this very beautiful and calming place:
*heaven amidst the bustling city*
*surrounded by cooling mother nature*
*truly a hidden gem*
And some of the shots took when we rented the boat to go further inside:
*monkey is rowing the boat  O.o*
*row row row your boat~~*

Hahahah...its fun even if there's time when we did not hook up anything....Just spending time relaxing and doing some stupid things!

Unfortunately for me, I've only managed to hook up a pacu for the couple of times I've been there. But nonetheless I will still be coming back, I am aiming for the toman......   =P (Big dream of mine!)


*moi~!*
*closer look*
*lookie my abu spoon*
Most probably will go there again soon...I miss my lures in action!....T.T
*part of my babies*
Update again when I go back there yah! ^^

**Short update:
Operating hours during the fasting month will be from 7.30am - 5.00pm. Night fishing will not be open during this time as well until after Hari Raya holidays. Empangan Air Kuning as well as Taman Botani Negara will be closed for 5days starting from 29 august 2011 (Monday) until 2nd September 2011 (Friday) for Hari Raya Celebration. It will be operating as usual from 3rd September 2011 (Saturday).


Details as here:
Operation Hours: 7.30am - 7.00pm (Closed on every Monday).
Charges: RM15 Weekdays / RM18 Weekends
Boat Rental: Available for rental - Inquire within
Contact Persons:En. Nik @ 012-324 6959 / En. Malek @ 012-262 7387

No comments:

Post a Comment